Thursday 10 May 2007

May = No New DVD's

Well I'm 10 days into it, but so far I've been a good lad and not bought any DVD's.

Now that may not sound like very much to you, but I'll tell you something: I love film.

I have a degree in film and love expanding my collection. So much so I made 10 DVD-related transactions last month. I don't have anywhere left to put them yet I'm still buying them.

This led to me setting a personal goal: No DVD's in May.

No £3 bargains from HMV. No £1 last-minute bids on eBay. No nothing. No DVD's.

This means that no matter how cheap and amazing a film is, I can't get it. I was doing amazingly well until yesterday, when my wandering eyes laid themselves onto Play.com. They are having a BIG sale. Beverly Hills Cop boxset: £5! Schindler's List, Munich, Brass Eye, Se7en, Blade Runner: all five sodding pounds!! i managed to resist yesterday, but there is only so long a man can hold out!

These next three weeks will be hard. ¬_¬

If anyone fancies grabbing a bargain and testing my patience the sale is: here

No comments: